The following policy and guidelines apply to comments posted on articles on the TMA website.
Compliance with Antitrust Laws.
- TMA's policy is to comply with all antitrust laws, and TMA reminds all commenters to guard against activity that could be construed as a violation of the antitrust laws.
- Do not post any material that:
- references specific fees charged or paid for professional services.
- discusses prices, discounts, terms or conditions of sale with regard to medical suppliers or other vendors or terms and conditions of provider agreements relating to payment levels, bonus payments, and other price or cost-related items.
- addresses salaries or terms of employment.
- attempts to allocate patient markets or encourage collective or coercive activity with regard to third party payors, hospitals, other health care providers, or suppliers.
- includes information that could otherwise be construed to impose a restraint on trade, inhibit free and fair competition, or organize a boycott.
- Do not try to sell or post unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation.
- Announcements of resources or conferences are acceptable as long as they are relevant to the interests of the community membership. Try to keep these brief. Questions and discussion about products or services are appropriate, but please keep in mind common courtesies.
Copyrighted Material; Hyperlinks.
- Commenters should not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
- By posting material, the commenter warrants and represents that it owns the copyright, if any, with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner that covers such posting.
- In addition, the commenter grants TMA the perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
- Any hypertext links and any reference to any products, services, or other information by trade name, trademark, supplier, or otherwise do not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by TMA. TMA expressly disclaims liability related to the accuracy and content of other sites and use of any products or services referenced by comments or in a linked site. You are strongly encouraged to verify the accuracy and reliability of content of any other sites before posting links to such sites.
TMA is not responsible for comments posted on this site and does not warrant nor guarantee the content, accuracy, or use of the comments posted. TMA specifically disclaims all liability for claims or damages that may result from any comment. TMA reserves the right to remove any comments TMA considers objectionable.
TMA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted in comments on this website, whether by TMA or any third party. Such opinions do not necessarily reflect the policies of TMA. In no event shall TMA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.