Topics| Tools| Links| Articles| Literature| Texas Research
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Put Prevention Into Practice (PPIP)
- AHRQ Electronic Preventive Services Selector
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Smoking Cessation Toolkit
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Emergency Preparedness for Children With Special Health Care Needs
- AMA Healthier Life Steps® Program
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) Surveys standardized surveys of patients' experiences in ambulatory and facility-level settings
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) Safety Event Reporting System
As the number of EHR system providers increases and as these systems integrate with other systems to import and exchange data, it is important to track and understand issues of concern as they develop. This will, in-turn, allow for improvement in EHRs, in patient safety, and may result in liability reduction.
- Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR) Calculators
- FDA-Approved Drug Alerts
In the past, paper-based versions of these time-sensitive warnings were sent to you via U.S. mail, typically arriving weeks later. Now, you can avoid delay and receive this alert electronically. If you have not yet registered to receive electronic PDR® Drug Alerts, please do so at www.tma.pdr.net. The PDR® Drug Alerts service is free to Texas Medical Association members and fulfills the new FDA guidance promoting electronic delivery of drug warnings. It is supported by medical societies like TMA and medical liability carriers because it eliminates delay and reduces your professional liability. If you have any questions, please contact the Drug Alert network at (888) 227-6469 or PDRnet@pdr.net.
- FDA Postmarket Drug Safety Information for Patients and Providers
- MedQIC Advanced Tools Search
- National Center for Patient Safety Falls Toolkit
- Partnering for Patient Empowerment through Community Awareness (PPECA)
- Patient Safety Tools for Physicians Practices
- Preventing Chronic Kidney Disease
- The Vaccine Advisory (Texas DSHS)
The goal of the Vaccine Advisory is to disseminate, in a timely manner, practical information related to vaccines, vaccine-preventable diseases, and the vaccine programs managed by the Immunization Branch.The Immunization Branch welcomes readers’ input to improve the contents of this document.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Refer to these portions of the TMA website:
TMA Practice Consulting
Physician Oncology Education Program (POEP)
Or Contact the TMA Knowledge Center:
Your My TMA page displays links to articles on the TMA website that match your professional interests. You can add or subtract interests in the Profile Center. Interests can be issues, such as "public health" or "workers' compensation." If you are interested in this topic, add "Improving the quality of health care you provide ...."
patient safety patient safety patient safety patient safety patient safety patient safety patient safety patient safety patient safety patient safety patient safety patient safety quality quality quality quality quality quality quality quality quality tools tools tools tools tools tools tools tools tools tools tools tools tools tools