- AMNews. March 16, 2009. Stimulus bill puts burden on physicians to tell patients of data breach. Caffarini, K. View full-text online.
- AMNews. May 4, 2009. Stimulus package alters HIPAA rules for business associates. Harris, SM. View full-text online.
- AMNews. June 29, 2009. Law means rethinking how you protect patient data. Harris, SM. View full-text online.
- AMNew. Sept 14, 2009. Practices must have plans for handling health data breaches. Dolan, PM. View full-text online.
- AMNews. Nov 11, 2009. New laws on patient security breaches mean your associate contracts probably need updating. Harris, SM. View full-text online.
- AMNews. Nov 16, 2009. Privacy breach rules require practices to report only harm done. Dolan, PM. View full-text online.
- AMNews. April 7, 2010. Online encryption guide launched by AMA. Dolan, PM. View full-text online.
- J Health Care Compliance. May-June 2009; pp: 35-36. President Obama’s Stimulus Bill and Its Effect on HIPAA Privacy and Security – Highlights from Part 1 and Part 2 that Compliance Professionals Need to Consider. Boerner, CM. Request from the Knowledge Center.
- J Health Care Compliance. July-August 2009; pp: 5-10. HHS and FTC Release Guidance on HITECH Act Requirements. Dowell, MA. Request from the Knowledge Center.
- J Health Information Management. Fall 2009; (23) 4: 15-16. HITECH Meets HIPAA: HITECH Act Changes to HIPAA Obligations for Covered Entities and Business Associates. Doe, B.
- Medical Practice Management Nov-Dec 2009; pp: 149-152. HIPAA Privacy/Security Rules: Where We’ve Been and Where We Are Going: Updates from the HITECH Act Dramatically Impact HIPAA Privacy/Security. Bilimoria, NM.
- Managed Care Outlook. Nov 1, 2009; (22) 21: 1, 7-9. ARRA’s Impact on the Release of PHI. Dinh, AK. Request from the Knowledge Center.
- MGMA Connexion. Nov/Dec 2009; pp: 26-28. The new privacy-breach notification rule: What you need to know to prepare your practice. Request from the Knowledge Center.
- J Health Care Compliance. Nov/Dec 2009; pp: 25-6, 69. Breach Notification, New Regulations, and HIPAA Privacy and Security: HIPAA COW Web site Offers Helpful Breach Notification Policy. Boerner, CM. Request from the Knowledge Center.
To request items on the following hot topics list, please contact the TMA Knowledge Center by calling (800) 880-1300, ext. 1550 or (512) 370-1550; fax (512) 370-1634, or email the reference desk.
If you are a TMA member, you can view online articles as follows:
1. If you have accessed the library's e-Resources for Members Only before, and your computer is set to accept cookies, your computer will have saved a cookie to let you view full-text of articles marked below by clicking on links provided.
2. If you are new to accessing the center's e-Resources:
A. Go to the TMA Knowledge Center Journals and Databases. Register for a username and password or, if you are already registered, enter your username and password previously established to reach the licensed online databases. Minimize the Internet browser that you opened through this process.
B. Return to this page with hyperlinked citations.
Notice: Certain links provided with this information connect to other Web sites maintained by third parties. Texas Medical Association has no control over these Web sites or the information, or the goods or services provided by such third parties. Texas Medical Association shall have no liability for any use or reliance of a user on these third party Web sites.