Join your colleagues for the second annual Texas Health Home Summit May 8-9 at the Westin Austin at The Domain to learn about medical home models and best practices and to interact with experts at various stages of medical home implementation. Register, and access fee information online.
Presented by the Texas Medical Home Initiative and the Texas Health Institute, the event will focus on integration of behavioral health into the health home and on health homes for children and adolescents. TMA is a sponsor of the event and a planning committee member.
The summit encompasses:
- An understanding of the medical home and how it promotes accessible, continuous, and culturally effective health care.
- Awareness of best practices to improve the medical home for all types of patients.
- Knowledge about how state and federal legislation impacts medical home implementation.
- Tools that can be used in the clinical practice or community to promote the medical home.
- A focus on consumer engagement and strengthened partnerships between families, health professionals, and the health care system.
Continuing medical education credit information for the summit will be announced soon.
Action, April 15, 2014