Did you know Novitas offers free webinars about coding for Medicare Part B and other topics? These interactive training sessions for physicians and staff are scheduled monthly. For example, the March schedule includes three topics that TMA often receives questions about:
- Preventive Services — March 5, 1-2:30 pm CT
- Using Place of Service Codes — March 19, 1-2 pm CT
- Billing of Drugs and Biologicals — March 26, 9-10 am CT
Bookmark the Novitas webinar page and check it regularly. Jurisdiction JH webinars apply to Texas practices.
In addition, Novitas will host a JH Ask-the-Contractor teleconference on March 20, 10-11 am CT. Note that registration is required for all these events.
Here is some additional information on the above topics:
- List (PDF) of Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services links regarding preventive services.
- TMA e-tip on place-of-service codes.
- TMA e-tip on drugs and biologicals
Q. How do I determine the last date a beneficiary received a preventive service, so that I know the beneficiary is eligible to receive the next service and the service will not be denied due to frequency edits?
A. You can use the eligibility option in Novitas' interactive voice response (IVR) system at (855) 252-8782 to get this information. You can enter the preventive service procedure code and obtain the beneficiary's next eligible date for the service. Follow the user guide if you need help navigating the IVR.
Published Feb. 25, 2014
TMA Practice E-Tips main page