March 31 is the new deadline for physicians to attest to meeting the Medicare electronic health record (EHR) meaningful use criteria for the 2013 program year, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced. The previous deadline was Feb. 28.
Physicians participating in the Medicaid EHR incentive program have until March 16 to attest.
TMA recommends that physicians not wait until the last minute to attest, as CMS could experience system overload that may impact your ability to attest on time.
TMA has developed these step-by-step instructions to help guide physicians through the process:
has provided these tips on attesting:
- Ensure that your payment assignment and other relevant information is up
to date in the Medicare payment system PECOS.
- Make sure to include a valid email address in your EHR program
- Consider logging on to use the attestation system during nonpeak hours
such as evenings and weekends.
- Log on to the registration and attestation system now; ensure that your information is up to date and
begin entering your 2013 data.
- If you experience attestation problems, report the problem to the EHR Incentive Program
Help Desk at (888) 734-6433.
Direct your questions about the program to TMA's Health Information Technology Department by calling (800) 880-5720 or by email.
Physicians needing onsite assistance with the EHR meaningful use program may consider contacting one of the four Texas regional extension centers (RECs). Visit TMA's REC Resource Center for information about the RECs and the services they provide.
Action, March 3, 2014