If you're running a medical staff, you won't want to miss the upcoming Stepping Up to Leadership conference. Scheduled for March 6-8 at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort in San Diego, Calif., the conference is a great chance to learn or polish the practical skills you need every day.
The Stepping Up to Leadership program, offered by the Institute for Medical Quality (IMQ) and the PACE Program at the University of California San Diego, trains medical staff leaders in communicating, problem-solving, and improving outcomes for patients and staff. With significant support from The Physicians Foundation, the program provides unique hands-on and interactive learning opportunities.
Course work provided by the program's excellent faculty includes:
- Effective staff leadership,
- Credentialing and privileging,
- Assessing the needs of an organization,
- Using continuing medical education effectively,
- Resolving on-call issues,
- Improving communication skills,
- Using quality measures effectively,
- Legal considerations, and
- Managing disruptive or impaired colleagues.
A generous grant from The Physicians Foundation allows IMQ and PACE to offer Stepping Up to Leadership registration fees as low as $795. For more information, visit the program website
Action, Feb. 3, 2014