Legislators delivered for Texas physicians and their patients during the 2013 legislative session. The On June 25, TMA President Stephen L. Brotherton, MD, and the TMA lobby team conducted a membership-wide tele-town hall meeting to let everyone know what happened that will help you, your practice, and your patients. It was an exciting and interesting hour.
Listen in to our replay tape as Dr. Brotherton and TMA's lobby staff discuss the 2014-15 state budget and new laws that will:
- Reduce your red tape and administrative hassles;
- Prevent third-party payers from stealing from you;
- Rein in overzealous Medicaid fraud-and-abuse investigations;
- Provide tax relief for small businesses;
- Establish physician-led medical teams;
- Strengthen Texas' physician workforce; and
- Protect your medical judgment.
Action, June 14, 2013; edited June 27, 2013