COMING SOON ... TMA is hosting a live simulcast, April 17, of the TEDMED lectures direct from the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.
What's TEDMED? It's an annual meeting of the minds during which multidisciplinary innovators discuss hot topics and new developments in health and medicine. Past TEDMED speakers include Temple Grandin, President Bill Clinton, and TMA's 2013 General Session speaker Abraham Verghese, MD, to name a few. This year's speaker lineup includes 50+ global leaders from medicine, science, research, technology, academia, business, government, and the arts. Don't miss out!
Though much of the focus of the event is on stage, it is important to remember that TEDMED is a fast-paced, all-encompassing and immersive event that provides stimulation and exciting discourse from start to finish … onstage and off.
Come prepared to think; come prepared to interact – but most of all, come prepared to have fun! You're sure to find TEDMED an unforgettable experience.
ATTENDANCE IS FREE FOR TMA MEMBERS! Register now.
Download the flyer to view the schedule of speakers.
Two ways to attend:
- Join us live April 17, 1:30-6:30 pm, at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel, Bluebonnet Room, at 303 W. 15 St., Austin, TX 78701.
- Mobile access to all four days and all speakers!
Go beyond passively watching. Use the TEDMEDConnect mobile app to connect "live" to the TEDMED stage and participate in live polls and activities, ask and answer questions, and share comments with the speakers. Be part of the conversation about the future of health and medicine!
Download the TEDMEDConnect mobile in your app store. The app will:
- Allow all of our 1,200+ Kennedy Center delegates and tens of thousands of TEDMEDLive participants to connect "live" to the speakers on the TEDMED stage and ask them questions or transmit comments.
- Contain the up-to-the-minute TEDMED schedule, including a handy "What's On Now" feature.
- Provide users the ability to view photos from TEDMED and upload photos from TEDMEDLive viewing locations.
- Allow users to participate in live polls and games.
- Give users the opportunity to request a follow-up "Science-Kit" from speakers.
- Allow users to download the conference program.
- Connect users to Facebook and Twitter.
Texas Medical Association Location ID: L82830
When prompted by the app, input the TEXAS MEDICAL ASSOCIATION location ID L82830 and your personal email address so each user can be identified and communicate with the Kennedy Center stage or speakers.
Free parking is available in the TMA building.
Beverages and light refreshments will be available courtesy of TMA.
The event is limited to 100 guests. Register now. You may register for two tickets per session.
You can read about TEDMED 2013 here.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact TMA's Knowledge Center at (800) 880-7955.