The Division of Advocacy directs the association's legislative and political programs, including seeking sponsors and obtaining support for bills to be enacted, working for the passage or defeat of state and federal legislation, and supporting state and federal candidates to public office. The division coordinates physician and alliance member education and participation in legislative issues and political races, manages TEXPAC campaign contributions, and organizes direct physician and alliance contact with elected officials.
Contact: Darren Whitehurst, Vice President, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1350 (512) 370-1350
- Coordinates TMA's legislative program.
- Lobbies legislative policies adopted by the House of Delegates before the Texas Legislature and U.S. Congress.
Contact: Dan Finch, Legislative Affairs Director, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1355, (512) 370-1355
Contact: Michelle Romero, Associate Director, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1367, (512) 370-1367
Contact: Patricia Kolodzey, Associate Director, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1370, (512) 370-1370
Contact: Troy Alexander, Associate Director, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1360, (512) 370-1360
- Coordinates Texas Medical Association Political Action Committee (TEXPAC), a nonpartisan political action committee that provides financial support and grassroots organization on behalf of candidates for public office.
- Promotes political involvement of TEXPAC members in state and federal elections.
- Strives to enhance awareness of political and legislative issues affecting the delivery of quality health care and public health in general.
Contact: David Reynolds, Director, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1365
Contact: Paula Frey, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1361
Contact: Tracey Gaddis, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1363