The executive vice president/CEO is responsible for the overall management of TMA and its staff. The executive vice president's office provides staff support to the Board of Trustees , House of Delegates, Texas Delegation to the AMA, and provides administrative services for association officers.
Contact: Louis J. Goodman, PhD, CAE, Executive Vice President/CEO, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1301, (512) 370-1301
Contact: Martha Danz, Executive Assistant to the EVP, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1308, (512) 370-1308
Contact: Pam Hale, Executive Assistant to the Board of Trustees and Manager of Delegate Affairs, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1304, (512) 370-1304.
- Coordinates recruitment, selection, orientation, and training of staff for Texas Medical Association and Texas Medical Association Insurance Trust.
- Handles development of personnel policies and procedures.
- Administers compensation and employee benefits.
- Monitors personnel-related legal issues and ensures compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
Contact: Jeppe Gustin Ross, Vice President, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1555, (512) 370-1555
- A 9,000-member organization of TMA member spouses that sponsors, in partnership with TMA, community service projects aimed at improving public health and the quality of life of Texans. Examples are the Shots Across Texas immunization effort and the Family Violence: Start the Healing Now initiative.
- Supports TMA's legislative and political activities through involvement in elections and public education.
- Fosters programs to support medical families, such as malpractice support groups, Partners in Practice, and impaired physician groups.
- Provides liaison members on TMA councils and committees and is active in Texas Medical Association Political Action Committee.
- Supports state-level fund-raising efforts.
Contact: Loretto Koepsel, Executive Director, (800) 880-1300, ext. 1329, (512) 370- 1329