Take advantage of your TMA membership by attending TexMed 2011, May 13-14, at the George R. Brown Convention Center and Hyatt Regency Houston.
"Caring for Patients in a Time of Change" is the theme of the conference, which offers more than 100 hours of clinical and business continuing medical education (CME), an exhibit hall with some 100 exhibits, and a chance to learn how to enhance patient care, stay abreast of clinical updates, discuss key issues with experts in the field, and help set TMA policy on issues that are important to you and your patients. Attendance at TexMed is free for TMA members.
Here are some highlights:
- See into The Future of Medicine Under the New Health System with Jeff Goldsmith, PhD, at the General Session. Sponsored by the Texas Medical Liability Trust.
- Spend some quality time with colleagues and friends at the Networking Luncheon in the Expo Hall. After lunch, stroll through the Expo Hall and preview the latest technology, products, and services for your practice. Boxed lunch tickets are $15. Sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Check out the breakout session on accountable care organizations; the Public Health CME track on new incentives and tools that allow physicians to track and benchmark preventive services; and the Quality track, which will help physicians meet the demands of public and private payers as they push forward value-based purchasing programs that offer rewards for efficiency and quality outcomes.
- Join us at a new event – a reception honoring 2011-12 TMA President C. Bruce Malone, MD, Austin, and TMAA President Bridget McKeever, Corpus Christi. Sponsored by the Texas Medical Association Insurance Trust
- Get your photo taken for TMA's database and the new TMA Mobile App by RCL Portrait Design, a professional photographer who will be set up in the Expo Hall. You may purchase a portrait if you like, but there is no obligation or pressure. Call (800) 951-8712 to reserve your spot.
- Eat, drink, and be merry at the TMA Foundation's 18th annual gala, Picture of Good Health. This annual fundraiser is a chance to have fun with friends while supporting TMA's health improvement programs.
Register for the conference and make your housing reservations online at on the TexMed webpage. Or contact the TMA Knowledge Center by telephone at (800) 880-7955 or by e-mail.
Action, March 15, 2011