The 18th annual TMA Foundation (TMAF) Benefit Gala on Friday, May 13, at TexMed 2011 in Houston, offers a night celebrating the foundation's mission to "improve the health of all Texans." Highlights include a silent auction, a live auction with a focus on luxury, and a sumptuous dinner, followed by live entertainment and dancing. All gala proceeds benefit TMAF and the health improvement programs it makes possible.
Here are the top 10 reasons you should attend:
10. See your friends from across the state without having to pass a resolution.
9. It's guaranteed to be infinitely more fun than being on call.
8. Connect with our Houston Health Leaders: Medicine – antitobacco activist Joel Dunnington, MD, professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center; H-E-B Houston President Scott McClelland; and Gracie Cavnar, creator of hands-on nutrition education to prevent childhood obesity and encourage long-term health.
7. See who wins Drs. Edward and Dawn Buckingham's ski trip package. (It might be you!)
6. … and the Caribbean cruise from SeaDream!
5. Enjoy a delicious and heart-healthy dinner.
4. Get your exercise and dance the night away to music by the incomparable Richard Brown Orchestra.
3. Show off your most "artful" cocktail attire.
2. Celebrate 187,000 shots or 97,000 helmets, or more than $3.2 million in grants made to local communities across Texas.
And the No. 1 reason we want to see you at the TMAF benefit on May 13 – it won't be a party without you.
Purchase your tickets for the gala when you register for TexMed 2011, or call TMAF at (800) 880-1300, ext. 1664, or (512) 370-1664.
Action, March 15, 2011