Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas has posted online the presentation from the Dec. 22 webinar [PDF] about its BlueCompare program. It was the only webinar the company conducted on the program, which rates some 18,000 Texas physicians in 14 specialties.
TMA's Payment Advocacy Department staff and an ad hoc committee of physicians are developing a toolkit to guide physicians on how to appeal their ranking. It will be published on the TMA website.
The specialties reviewed are:
- Cardiovascular disease-noninterventional,
- Cardiovascular disease-interventional,
- Family practice,
- Geriatric medicine,
- Internal medicine,
- Obstetrics and gynecology,
- Pediatric allergy-immunology, and
- Pediatric pulmonary disease.
- Pulmonary disease.
Action, Jan. 4, 2010