Ask these questions when choosing a billing and collections company:
- Does the company have a compliance plan? Ask for a copy of it to review. If the company doesn't have a plan, look elsewhere for billing and collections services.
- What reports are generated on a daily and monthly basis? Make sure the reports will provide the information you need to manage your billing and collections process.
- Ask for a list of references in your specialty. Call these clients to find out their level of satisfaction with the company.
- What are the fees? Ask for a copy of the company's contract, and have it reviewed by an attorney.
- Are the staff bonded? What is their level of billing experience?
- How long has the company been in business?
Content reviewed: 3/23/2007
TMA Practice E-tips main page