How do you tell patients about your new practice website? You have to get that website address out in front of them, and get it out there often. Here's how:
- Put the website address (URL) on all appointment cards, stationery, literature, and other materials your office uses.
- Tell patients about the website in the "on hold" phone message.
- Include the URL in practice yellow page listings and other community directories.
- Send letters to referring physicians and patients announcing the service.
- Put website reminder cards in all patient statements.
- Create business card-sized handouts with the URL displayed on them.
- Display informational flyers at the front desk that include the URL.
- Display promotional signs for the website in the waiting room and patient rooms.
- Write a press release about the website and send it to local newspaper, radio, and television health reporters.
- Establish website links with local health care partners, including referring physicians and hospitals in the community.
- Place an ad in the local newspaper including the website address.
- Feature the website on a "computer kiosk" in the waiting room, allowing patients to view and register on the website.
For more information about promoting your practice website, e-mail TMA Practice Consulting or call (800) 523-8776.
TMA Practice E-tips main page